Taal Tarang Digital Electronic Tabla, Pakhawaj, Dholak & Duff
1. Plug in the mains cord; two pin male socket into your AC power supply &
female socket in the male socket of the instrument. Note: Add-on flat two pin AC converters available.
2. Switch On Taal Tarang Digital using the Volume On/Off knob.
3. Select the required Taal from the Keyboard.
Note: If No Taal is selected then Teen Taal will be automatically selected when
the Start button is pressed.
4. To select an alternate Taal press Alt. key first and then the Taal of your
choice. Note: "Alt" appears on the Digital Tayyari Meter Display when the Alt Key is
5. Adjust the desired Sur (Pitch) by using the Pitch knob.
6. Adjust the desired Laya with the Tempo knob. Note: The Dot " . " on the right hand side bottom of the Digital Tayyari
Meter Display acts as an audio visual reference.
7. The Relative Volume of the Tabla & the Dagga can be balanced adjusted by
Pressing the 7 Style Digital Balance Button. Note: Seven different styles of Digitally Tuned Balance are available for
selection on a rotational basis.
8. Inc & Dec Key is used to navigate between the 4 Laya range in step of
:: Dhrut > Madhya > Vilambit > Ati Vilambit :: or vise versa.
Pressing the Inc key will have no effect once the instrument has reached the
Dhrut Laya range. Similarly pressing the Dec key will have no effect once the
instrument has reached the Ati Vilambit Laya range. Note: An Error sound is produced in both the cases.
Note: For Thekas (like Garba, Ghazal, Natya, etc.) Without Madhya, Vilimbit &
Ati Vilimbit Laya; Pressing the Dec Key will have NO Effect.
9. Pressing the Variation Key help you select different Styles of Playing of the
same Theka. Note: "TH1", "TH2", "TH3" etc. is displayed on the Digital Tayyari Meter
Display on selection of different variations.
Note: If only 1 variation is present then only "TH1" is displayed.
10. Press Start and Theka starts from Sum. Note: The Number "1" appears on the Digital Tayyari Meter Display at the
start of each Sum cycle.
11. Theka can be stopped at any time by pressing the Stop key Note: Any operation of the knobs/key board can be performed without stopping
12. Select Demo mode by pressing Alt & then Demo key to hear selected Taals play
one after another for 1 Avartan each. Note: To hear continuously press Tayyari key when the Theka is playing.
COMPOSER:- For composing your own Thekas:
1. Press Stop if the instrument is playing any Thekas.
2. Press Alt and Compose 1 or Compose 2 Key. Note: The Digital Tayyari Meter Display indicates "PR1" or "PR2".
3. Place the Boll card over the keyboard. Note: 2 set of Boll cards are provided, one in the instrument bag & other
inside the instruction manual.
4. Press the required Bolls as per your composition. Bolls when pressed are
heard. wait for the Boll to be fully over before you press next Boll.
5. When finished press End.
Note: HALF + HALF Matra allows 2 Bolls to be inserted in 1 Matra. Some ready
made and commonly used Bolls are already provided.
Example: DHA-GE, NA-NA, TI-TA etc. The same could have been made by pressing
HALF + HALF Matra first and then pressing DHA and GE.
Note: The key “Last Half Matra” is reserved for making Thekas which have
cycle like "7 1/2 Matra", "8 1/2 Matra", "9 1/2 Matra" etc. The Last Half Matra
can be inserted by pressing Key "Last Half Matra" first and then the required
Boll. When Theka is played the Last Half Matra is indicated in the display by
Two Parallel Lines ( || ) near the number.
The Compositions are maintained in Memory even when the Power is Switched Off.
BATTERY OPERATIONS 1. Open the Battery box at the back of the instrument to insert 8 Pencil
Cells (AA) (1.5V each).
Note: While Inserting Observe the ( + - ) marking of the Pencil Cells.
2. Switch On Taal Tarang Digital using the Volume On / Off knob.